* My birthday month is over.
* The radio station I listen to started playing Christmas music ONE WEEK BEFORE Thanksgiving. I was irritated by that until I remembered that they STOP playing Christmas music at 11:59 on 12/25. Backwards to me, they should play Christmas music AFTER Christmas, I think.
* The bizarre overreaction of a certain family member to a request to meet for coffee. If the fair had a contest for Weird Family Members, I think this particular one would win all the ribbons available.
* All the big bills that come due in December — like property tax, auto insurance, to name a couple. Ugh.
* Seasonal flavored coffee. Pumpkin Spice and Eggnog flavors are what I’ve had so far. So good.
* Doing things I would never have thought to do and loving it. Like a taking hike in the marsh areas of the Orange County coastlands.
* Slide on toilet paper dispensers.
* Reading the Twilight books. I really enjoyed them.
* My cat, Tug. He is so loyal and responsive to me. I call his name and wherever he is, he comes running with a purr-meow. I love that and I love him. I’m so glad we found each other and can’t believe that it was seven years ago. Thanksgiving of 2002 I found him in Texas, he grabbed me, didn’t let go, and I flew him home to California.
(This is his “Let me on your lap so I can knead you” look.)
One Last Thing:
Speaking of Texas, and all the good things there, my mom and I will be visiting the Houston area the end of January. If you happen to be in the area and want to hook up, let me know and we’ll see if we can coordinate.
25 responses to “Love & Loathe – 12/01/09”
Sweetie finally pulled her noise out of the books and blogged, YES!!! love you cutie, nanananana
I had to give you something to read. See there, I only blogged because I love you!
Great picture of Tug!
Thanks! He thinks so, too!
that is all.
One of my band members also has that thing where you should only play Christmas carols between Christmas and Epiphany. I’m ok with Christmas songs before Christmas to get you in the mood, but prefer them to start a week before Christmas, not a week before Thanksgiving.
Wish I was going to be in Texas when you are, but sadly, I won’t be. However, if you ever want to visit Niagara Falls, I’m only an hour away…..
I just think it’s weird that they play music for 37 days BEFORE Christmas, and then *poof* … all done. WHAT ABOUT THE CUDDLING?
Niagara Falls IS on my list of places to go someday… hmmmm
I happen to be in the Houston area… let me know if you need any trip-planning assistance, including hotels, restaurants, and entertainment.
My mom wants to go to the NASA facility, and Brighton is helping us with that. I think I’m good for the rest of it, but will let you know. Do you want to get together with us for dinner or coffee or anything?
I would certainly like to try. I believe you know how to get in touch with me.
you get to visit with your mom again!!!! yay for you!!! :o)
i’m sort of thinking of a trip to AZ in March … my cousin is a snowbird, and if the winter is too long here – then leo told me to go get some sunshine … but we’ll see how he is feeling, etc etc … unfortunately AZ is still far from CA …
sending (hugs) your way …
I know, I’m so thrilled she’s coming to visit!
That would be great for you to visit your cousin! 🙂 What part of AZ would you be visiting? You can answer via email if you want…
Ha! I just noticed the picture(s) at the top of your blog! Love it!
Great picture of Tug. What a gorgeous kitty! Did you post about taking Tug from TX to CA? If so, I’d love that link.
I had the story somewhere, but I think when I gave up hosting my own account on the ‘net, I gave it up. It was before I blogged, so I’ll have to re-write it for you. 🙂
I love slide on toilet paper dispensers too!!!! I think it’s the greatest invention since the toilet paper! 😀
That’s a great idea, celebrating a birthday for an entire month! Problem with celebrating my birthday for a month is that Christmas gets in the way. I sometimes get jyped into getting one present! 😦
Tug’s eyes are beautiful!
Yes, best invention since toilet paper. For some reason, those regular TP holders are so much work!
But your birthday is the beginning of the month! That’s not fair to only get one present! Hmph.
I love Tug’s eyes. I actually think cat eyes are fascinating. Did you know they can’t turn their eyes like we can? They have to turn their whole head.
Wait a minute – flying all the way to Texas to hook up? Oh my
A girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do…
No, I didn’t know that cats can’t turn their eyes. But did you know dogs can’t look up? At least that’s what Big Al says. 🙂
No, I didn’t know that dog’s can’t look up… you mean with just their eyes? They have to lift their whole head? Who’s Big Al?
Don’t mind me, I was just being funny. 😀
… and I rely on you to educate me!