* My birthday month is over.
* The radio station I listen to started playing Christmas music ONE WEEK BEFORE Thanksgiving. I was irritated by that until I remembered that they STOP playing Christmas music at 11:59 on 12/25. Backwards to me, they should play Christmas music AFTER Christmas, I think.
* The bizarre overreaction of a certain family member to a request to meet for coffee. If the fair had a contest for Weird Family Members, I think this particular one would win all the ribbons available.
* All the big bills that come due in December — like property tax, auto insurance, to name a couple. Ugh.
* Seasonal flavored coffee. Pumpkin Spice and Eggnog flavors are what I’ve had so far. So good.
* Doing things I would never have thought to do and loving it. Like a taking hike in the marsh areas of the Orange County coastlands.
* Slide on toilet paper dispensers.
* Reading the Twilight books. I really enjoyed them.
* My cat, Tug. He is so loyal and responsive to me. I call his name and wherever he is, he comes running with a purr-meow. I love that and I love him. I’m so glad we found each other and can’t believe that it was seven years ago. Thanksgiving of 2002 I found him in Texas, he grabbed me, didn’t let go, and I flew him home to California.
(This is his “Let me on your lap so I can knead you” look.)
One Last Thing:
Speaking of Texas, and all the good things there, my mom and I will be visiting the Houston area the end of January. If you happen to be in the area and want to hook up, let me know and we’ll see if we can coordinate.