* Burning my hair off. I reached across the stove the other day for the scissors we keep in our knife block. As I turned away, I was assaulted by a smell… *sniff* “Oh, man, don’t tell me I just singed my hair! I just had it trimmed! Ruined a perfectly good haircut.”
* Regenerating pimples. Surely I’m not the only one with the mystical pimple that regenerates itself month after month, am I?
* My early “no traffic” day is no more. Oh, I still have my early day, but I guess the “no traffic” part was a summer thing.
* My 4-color pen at work.
* Our Parallel Lives Neighbors continue to bring us baked goodies. Answering the doorbell is becoming less of a scary thing for People Phobic Me if I know there are yummy things on the other side of it!
* My string of pearls plant. It’s a succulent that grows long strands of (what look like) peas. The tiny flowers it makes are so pretty and they smell like cinnamon. It’s such a unique plant and I just love it so much.
* Tony ended up with free tickets to a pre-season Ducks game (ice hockey team) and we spontaneously went last night. It was a fun “school night” outing. Breaking up the routine is a good thing.
* The silliness of my husband. We accidentally crossed hands tonight and he ended up with a fingerful of goop that I was removing from an item of food. He then rubbed some of it off on the end of his nose and it was just a laughfest of silliness. He’s so good for me.
* Nature’s symbolism… driving home yesterday I had the moon in front of me and the sun behind me. Made me want to reach for the moon, baby.
One Last Thing:
What, exactly, would you would call this… a dichotomy?
Hot Cocoa Ice Cream
14 responses to “Love & Loathe — 09/23/10”
Pony tail, girl. Keeps your hair from combusting.
Those 4 color pens rock! I remember having one in my college days just like it! Some things never change.
GAH! I was just getting the scissors! Two seconds of oops cost me a 1/2 inch of hair.
I had a 4 color pen at my last job, and somehow I ended up with one at this job. If I hand it to my boss to borrow, he always says in an awed voice, “Oh, I get Thee Pen!” hehehe
Hot Cocoa Ice Cream? What will they think of next? I also have a regenerating pimple 😦
I like to visit the ice cream aisle, not to buy (be still my intestinal system) but to window shop for ideas when I make my own. Have to admit, that one puzzled me.
Regenerating pimple is bad. Very bad.
Had a great time last night with you and friends. And going out the other night to the Hockey game was fun too. Love you sooooo much, XXOXOXOXOXO
We always have a good time together. 🙂
I haven’t seen a four-color pen like that in years.
My regenerating pimple’s name is Enorma. She’s on the left side of my chin. She visits me once a month and stays for a week or more each time. I hate her.
It works great — you know there’s always one color that doesn’t work so well, but not in this pen, they are all equally good. 🙂
😆 Enorma. I’m so sorry you have Enorma. I think I’ll name mine Nosa…
lots of pics in this post 😀
i know someone else who went to that ducks game. 🙂
i haven’t seen one of those pens in a long time. i used to love them!
Yes, do you see how much I love you? Pictures are lots of extra work!
Who went to that Ducks game that you know? Who?
I love that pen. They should, however, make a 5 color pen, one color for each day of the work week. hehe
I would call the ice cream good.
Yes, I think you would. 🙂
regenerating pimple— yep got one
ice cream— oxy moron maybe?
pen– talk about flashback!
Where is your regenerating pimple? Mine is on the side of my nose…