*Insomnia and being tired. I’m doing OK now, but it was really sucking a couple days ago. *YAWN*
* Barking dogs. I hate that *almost* as much as much as I hate coughing.
* Rain. It rained yesterday. Poured, actually. I loved every second of it.
* I particularly loved that I didn’t need to drive anywhere yesterday. I even managed to hitch a ride with my husband to the gym, so my car stayed nice and dry. I had momentary sadness for all those poor people who were likely stuck on the freeway. First real rain of the season is always a doozie, you know.
* Decorating the house for Christmas while it was raining outside. That was really nice.
* It’s cold, but sunny today. Tug came inside from being out in the cat run earlier. He smelled like winter and had a hot spot on his butt where the sun was warming him.
* Tony picked up this remote control light switch for the floor lamp I’ve had stuck in a corner in our entryway for years. The plug attached to the switch is in a weird place and that’s where the lamp had to live because of that. Now, NOW, the lamp can live ANYWHERE in our house and I just love that. It’s all about the simple things, My People. Surely you’ve figured that out by now, right?
One Last Thing:
Pictures are always good…
View from my desk…
Around the corner from me…
Nativity corner… that is one big camel, eh?
The stockings are hung by the chimney with care…
Typically, I set this little display up at my job…
No help at all, and they were asking for a raise. As if!
16 responses to “Love & Loathe – 12/08/09”
Beautiful sweetie, I love it all. Miss you, XXOXOXOX
I love you and all you do. xo
Love your beautiful neat house!!! Happy Christnukwantice. Or something like that!
HA! Thanks… I always feel like have way to much stuff and that it’s unorganized. But it always looks OK in pictures, so maybe it really is OK.
Happy ChesnutChristkunnah to you, too. 🙂
Define “cold”. We’ve had overnight temperatures around 20 degrees. Last night I woke to the sound of precipitation as well. It was the ice hitting the house comind down with the sleet. Walking the dog this morning while getting pelted with ice pellets pushed by a 20 MPH wind while walking through 2″ of snow was a treat. “Cold” is very relative, I’m sure.
Your house is lovely! You do such amazing decoration for the holdays.
Cold is if I open the door, recoil, shiver and shut the door… how’s that for a definition? heh I’m thinking I would definitely play turtle at your house. 🙂
Thanks for the compliment… like I said to Inanna, I always feel like I have way too much stuff, but it looks OK in pictures.
it looks lovely! can mia and i come by to see your decorations yet? 😀 hehe.
i hate barking dogs, too. i SERIOUSLY hate the dogs near us… ugh.
the pouring rain was nice, wasn’t it? 🙂
Sure, Tony still wants to put up more lights… how about next week sometime to come by?
Barking dogs… ugh.
Rain was great. 🙂
Lovely Christmas decor….
A pellet gun works really well to shut up a barking dog.
Except I don’t know which neighbor has the barking dog. I think it’s somewhere in the cul-de-sac behind us.
Thanks for the decor compliment. 🙂
You ALWAYS deciorate sooo BEAUTIFULLY! And you sound really happy dear Jammie. I think NOT Working agrees with you…I truly do! Love that picture of your dear kitty…lol! More rain on the way, they say. We need it so badly..I’m glad!
Awww, thanks, I am pretty content these days. Except for when I have to interact with the outside world. hehe
Those kitties are so cute, aren’t they? 🙂
Love the rain. 🙂
Nice and Christmassy! I really love that pic of you and “Santa” on the header. And don’t we all look cute as ornaments?
HA! Thanks! 🙂 I think everyone looks great on my header tree! hehe
Wow, That’s a lot of stockings
Yes! We have a lot of pets. 🙂