* A faster booting computer. I followed some dude’s guidelines and it shaved 3-4 minutes off the booting time of my downstairs computer. Of course, I practiced on my work computer just before we moved so that if I screwed anything up, I could just go tell my IT crew that it must’ve been messed up in the move. It’s important to think ahead on these types of things, you know.
* My IT crew. They are seriously so quirky and funny. There are some days when their funniness helps get me through the day.
* Jewel’s new CD, Lullaby.
* Succulent summer deliciousness in the form of fruit — pineapple, watermelon, plums, figs, nectarines, peaches, strawberries *blissful sigh*
* Sunsets that look like pastel paintings done with watercolors.
* Weird sleep. It didn’t really cool off here on Sunday night and the both of us woke in pools of icky sweat. Monday night I came home from work and went upstairs to do a couple things. I woke up 2 hours later thinking I was late for work! I guess I needed sleep more than I needed to swim…
* Missing my mom. However, as Tony pointed out, I now have “Phone Mommy” back.
One Last Thing:
When we went to San Francisco earlier this month, I believe I mentioned we did a whole lotta walking. Uphill, downhill, uneven surfaces, upstairs, downstairs, so forth and so on. My shins hurt by the time I got home.
What I didn’t mention was that the luggage handlers at SFO shattered the plastic piece inside the base of my suitcase, so the wheels kept turning inward. Which essentially meant that I had pigeon-toed luggage the entire time I was in San Francisco. Pulling that thing kind of felt like I was dragging a 25 pound box of sand and, in fact, I spent much of my time carrying it instead of pulling it for that reason.
My last and biggest love of today is directed toward my husband who went and bought a board and is presently out in the garage using that to fix my broken suitcase… and I figure having a board in the bottom of my suitcase should increase my “INSPECTED” tag collection when sending it through airport security!