* Procrastination or laziness. Not sure which. I have a post written summarizing the remaining birthday parties for June that we attended. But I need to add pictures and that takes extra time. So it’s easier for me to gripe about the extra time it takes than to actually take the time to do it. How’s that for a politician’s way of saying I need to do something but haven’t?
* Moths. I have one flying around and bonking itself on my monitor right now. I don’t want to smoosh it, because moths are messy when you kill them. Stupid moths. Stop flying to the light!
* This week has been infinitely easier on me as far as work hours go. And, so far, the bond forged between the people who participated in the long hours last week has held. I really love that.
* Red grapes. My favorite. I just don’t understand you people who prefer green grapes. I mean, green grapes are alright if red grapes aren’t around. But red grapes? They’re sweet, they’re red — almost purple. And grapes are supposed to be purpleish.
* Getting into the pool after a particularly warm day. In fact, I start anticipating my end-of-day swim around 2 in the afternoon. Go ahead. Text me some afternoon and ask me what I’m thinking about… chances are, my response will be “swimming!”
* I fixed my irrigation timer and cleaned up/refreshed the plants in my back yard last weekend. I love my pretty plants.
One Last Thing:
I find it interesting that the number one search that lands people on my blog is “no poo story.” This refers to the fact that I no longer use shampoo to clean my hair, not that I never poo anymore. The former is true, the latter is untrue.
It’s fascinating to me, because people are either interested in going no poo, or are at least interested in finding out more about it. Of course, I think everyone should go no poo just because I love it so much.
I’d show you a picture of my freshly washed, no poo hair, but… well, you know, pictures take extra time and I need my beauty sleep.
24 responses to “Love & Loathe — 07/01/10”
I’m a red-grape person, too! And a red-apple. I love the Red Delicious and Gala apples so much better than the greens.
I think the red fruits are better for the digestive system, for people who aren’t interested in going “no poo.” 😀
Have a great weekend!
Have you seen the new apple… possibly not if it’s still only UK based, but it may not be.
Now that is a red apple. If I wasn’t afraid of wasps I’d be buying one.
Interesting! I’ve not seen that apple.
In the US they had what they were calling a “grapple”, supposed to taste like grapes and apples. I wasn’t a big fan of that one. 🙂
Yep, I’m a red apple/gala apple gal, too. Really don’t like green apples much at all.
Have to say, I tell Tony all the time when I serve him food, “IT’S GOOD FOR YOUR POOPY!” hehe
Have a great 4th! 🙂
Oh, poop. I meant to say I was a red-apple person. It looks silly to have the compound adjective hyphenated, but with no modified noun following it.
How embarrassing. My face is the color of a red grape.
Oh, Nina, it’s JUST a blog. 🙂 I would never have noticed it because of how happy I was to see your shining… name (face?). 🙂
I have a theory that the Dustbuster&tm; was invented by someone with a moth problem.
ok, so no html in my comments. got it.
It’s a WordPress thing… sorry. 😦
You’re probably right!
Suck those moth creatures up and away!
i hate moths. eep!
ooh, i need to text you some afternoon. hehe 😀
what are you doing for the 4th? 🙂
red grapes are num nums. but i love all grapes. i don’t discriminate based on color. you grape-racist, you. 😛 hehehehe.
Hey, why wait? You can text me anytime, baby. hehehe
Re: 4th, we’re inviting family over. You’re welcome to come over if you want…?
I’m totally a grape-discriminator. hehe
Yes pictures do take more time but are worth it, love you sweetie, XXOXOXOX
I know… but so much time! Love you babe. xoxoxoxo 🙂
I prefer green grapes because I hate seeds and most red have them. I find the green seedless taste better than the red seedless.
So you’re a red wine person over white?
Huh… I’m able to find seedless red grapes, no problem. But I have noticed that the red grapes seem to be less sturdy (they leak their juice easier) than the green grapes.
Re: wine, I’ve never tasted wine (or alcohol of any sort), but I would imagine your assumption would be true if I were to try it.
Jammiej sounds so much happier… it’s nice to see you bubbling again. I hae a question about no poo… what do you do at the hairdressers?
Hmmm, you mentioned me seeming happier in another comment, too … I’m glad you think so. Truly.
But, you know, there’s still a sadness, and will always be sadness surrounding the infertility we struggle with. There’s not a day that goes by that I don’t think about it, but I don’t want to turn this blog into our infertility chronicles. Not sure if that’s what you were referring to, but just thought I’d share.
The lady who trims my hair knows that I prefer not to wash my hair (it would take FOREVER to dry it), so she just sprays the ends with water. Works for both of us. 🙂
Sounds like a permanent full time job is relaxing. (or busy, but still nice to have)
I am very grateful (and it’s a relief) to have a full time job.
Also, I feel pretty good about myself knowing that I delivered when they needed me to do so.
aw, thanks. 🙂 we were relaxing without mia. ;P hehehe.
Who’s Mia? hehe
(That joke never gets old!)
I’m a green grape girl. I love my green grapes. The skins/hull is thinner than red I believe. At least that’s what the difference is for me.