* The big, fat zit on the side of my nose. I remembered to wear my sunglasses the other day and discovered that this big, fat zit is exactly where they needed to perch. That was not a happy moment.
* People who are more worried about covering their a** than working as a team player to get stuff done. In these times, I understand why they feel like they have to be that way, but it’s such a waste of time. Really! It’s OK to not know stuff, just ask for help rather than doing it wrong and then throwing everyone who tried to help under the bus.
* My alarm clock. I think the thing is at least 15 years old, if not older. Even though the CD player on it doesn’t work anymore, I can’t bear to get a new one. Why? Because it has a motion sensor snooze button on it. That’s right! I wave my hand in front of it and THAT is my snooze button.
* Swimming in June gloom weather. It means I have the pool all to myself. I savor these pre-summer days when I have the pool all to myself.
* I finally have my pre-pregnancy figure back. Even though I was only pregnant for 3 months, my body was ready for the long haul… waistline expanded, larger bosoms, etc.. I feel a little shallow admitting this, given the way the pregnancy ended, but it’s nice to fit in my clothes again.
* When our little birdy gives me kisses. It’s so sweet.
* The 4 goldfish we bought seem to be doing well. We put the hospital tank away. That means more counterspace in the kitchen. Healthy goldfish and more counterspace = love.
One Last Thing:
Supposedly the “formal offer” to make me permanent has been approved, it just needs to be signed off by one more person. There’s a couple things I’m concerned about that makes this a mixed blessing for me. But, hey, it’s better for the Money Hump that I’m employed and it’s not like I have any better offers on the table.
Soooo, maybe Monday?
11 responses to “Love & Loathe — 06/10/10 (late)”
formal offer! that’s great! 🙂
i’m glad that you have your prepregnancy bod back… although, i always thought you looked fantastic. 🙂
Formal offer – great for the $$ hump. Yay!
Awww, friends like you are great for my self esteem. 🙂
I’m glad you don’t have to wear glasses all the time.
The pool: if I hit it around 2 or 3PM, seems to be the least kids. The kids would be fine if they’d stay in their lanes, but they don’t tend to do that.
I’m very glad I don’t need glasses. I worry about that sometimes, but somehow I ended up being blessed with 20/15 vision. How did THAT happen?
2-3 pm in the community pool on weekends is NOT an adult friendly time. Weekdays it might be… glad you found a time that works for you. And kids don’t understand lane boundaries at all under their own wisdom.
CYA people aslo make me nuts. I’m more about fixing the root cause of a problem than assigning blame. If someone really screwed something up, let their supervisor deal with it one on one.
Praying all goes well on the job front for you!
Except this person’s supervisor is just as bad as she is. Yeesh.
Thanks, still waiting for the offer letter.
Oh so glad that you should be getting permanent offer, you are sounding happier of late. So pleased to see you getting there. Looking forward to more ant adventures..hint hint
I know, I need to post over there.
Love you sweetie, nananana
You have a very nice figure, I can’t blame you for saying that you’re glad to have your pre-pregnancy figure back. My sister had her baby 4 months ago and, I hate to say it, still looks a little pregnant.
Hmmm, well, I think sometimes it can take a few months to get it back.
Even though I was pregnant for 3 months, it took 2 months to fit in my clothes right.