* Negotiating money. I really need to gain a new perspective on this, because I seriously dread this part of the process. Maybe because I never feel like I’m worth the price I’m asking, even though I know my experience and history belies that feeling.
* The Renegade Pooper. One of our cats has decided that the litter box is boring, and would rather put a pile of poop alongside my car in the garage. I’ve learned to look before I step, and I would really like to know who the flagrant violator is, but he doesn’t do it consistently, just… you know, when the urge strikes.
* Now that I’m back swimming, so is the chlorine rash. Ugh.
* When the heater kicks on in the pool while I’m swimming. Doesn’t matter what temp the pool is, it immediately feels super warm the second it kicks on.
* The gym has three aqua aerobic instructors. I rate them as OK (accompanied by a shrug), Really Good (with a smile), and Excellent (with a fist in the air). I never go to the Excellent class because that’s on Saturday morning at 8 AM. Tonight, the Excellent instructor filled in for the Really Good instructor. I was so happy!
* When Tony and I make dinner together. It’s just a nice feeling to be working alongside him in the kitchen. So homey.
* Watermelon and blueberries, my most favorite treats, are in season.
* I saw someone do something intelligent on the freeway the other day. It was so rare to see that, it gave me hope that there are still people out there who pay attention when they’re driving.
* Star jasmine and magnolia trees are blooming EVERYWHERE. We can almost get high off the scent when sitting in traffic or at stoplights. (That white strip in the picture below that looks almost like snow? Star jasmine… mmmmm.)
16 responses to “Love & Loathe — 05/20/10”
we just have the one cat and she is fussy about the cleanliness of her litter box. if it is not up to her standards, then the floor it is… maybe the facilities were occupied and the cat really needed to go 🙂
it turns out that you can successfully grow blueberries in southern california. i bought a little bush at a local nursery about 6 months ago. the blueberries have actually turned blue in the last week. very exciting!
Just curious, is your kitty a black & white kitty?
Isn’t it fun to grow stuff? I had a volunteer blueberry bush that grew out of pot of geraniums. So funny… I was all, “What’s that stick growing up out of there?” And then, like magic, blueberries appeared! I figured it was dropped off by bird poop, or something?
nope. she is a tabby mixed with a tortoiseshell. i realized, she hasn’t done this in a long time. so maybe it was just when we first got her, she was more fussy. now she is my baby and sleeps with me every night, so she is nicer to me on the pottying front. 🙂
Awww, that’s really sweet. I was remembering how sweet it was when I had my calico, she would sleep with me curled in my armpit. I’d wake every morning with my nose buried in her fur. *happy sigh* I don’t let our cats sleep with us now; too many of them. It’d get overwhelming, I think. Plus, two of them hate each other and I don’t have the patience to deal with that nonsense when I’m trying to sleep.
blueberries! watermelon! num num num. 🙂
Very eloquently summed up… hehe. I know what part of my post appealed to you!
One of our cats decided that the ideal place to poop is under Tommy’s night stand. He’s not a fan. lol.
I’ll pass my share of blueberries on over to you. But ANY kind of melon, I’ll take.
I do NOT like renegade poopers! Begone with the renegade poop!
I’ll happily take those blueberries you’re sharing. We’ll have to wrestle for the melon, though. hehe
I can just see you and Tony working together, side by side, in the kitchen. That has to be ‘the best’!
Interesting about the ‘poop’ near your car. I always feel their is some message being sent….I wonder what it is?
It’s an “of the same mind, same purpose” type of thing, and it just feels good. 🙂
I also feel like I’m missing some message, but there’s no rhyme nor reason to it. Sometimes their litter box is clean, other times there’s something in it. But we do have the self cleaning litter box, so can’t be a messy box. If only we could teach the cats to write!
I love cooking with you too and jasmine always smells sooooooo great. love you cutie
I love you, too. xoxo
Spring flower scents, very evident in the desert.
Have you posted about your plants blooming? I must come visit your blog! 🙂
Mmmm, desert flowers are wonderful.
you’re probably worth more than you’re asking. However, from a purely economic standpoint, you’re worth what the market will bear. If your skills are highly in demand and the supply is low, you can ask for more. Take as much as you can get and always ask for more than you think you’ll get (within reason) because you might be surprised at what you’re offered.
Good advice, and it’s always what I do, but it’s always so hard for me. (sigh)