* My mom leaves this coming Monday. I really don’t want her to leave.
* Bloating. I still, after all these years, have not learned to enjoy, tolerate or like this bloating thing that my body does. Even when the doctor had me taking diuretics back in 2006, my body overrode the diuretic. It’s ridiculous, really.
* Sleeping in, just because I can. I mean, what on earth do you people who get up at 5:30 AM do anyway that’s so important?
* All this time with my mom. I have really been soaking it up and basking in it. It sounds so simple — visiting, talking, sharing and quality mother/daughter time. I feel so blessed and grateful. She is truly a gift to me.
* Kidney beans. I know I’ve mentioned how much I love those silly things before, but I decided that since my love for them hasn’t diminished, maybe I should find a cheaper, more affordable way to cook them. Say hello to dried beans, cooked in the crockpot. Plus, it makes my husband cry… if you get my drift. If you don’t, we can safely say that he does.
* Frozen yogurt from Golden Spoon (another oddity that I can eat their yogurt). Doesn’t this look delicious? It’s half cheesecake and half toffee flavored.
* Time wasters such as this website. (Click it!) Great fun, and someone took a whole lotta time to do those pictures.
One Last Thing:
I saw this truck in the parking lot at Costco a couple weeks ago. As I walked past it, I wondered just how many conversations or comments the owner elicited from total strangers by having his truck custom painted, down both sides and the back, indicating his love for USC. I’m guessing he can’t be a fair weather fan with a paint job like that…
When I left Costco a bit later, I saw him engaged in conversation with another couple and overheard them talking about how the team has done this year. The couple moved on to their own car, laughing and chatting with each other. The owner of the truck got in and started it up to leave. I smiled to myself, because it answered my question — A LOT.
Then I wondered if he has to allot extra “chatting with strangers time” to every errand he runs?
16 responses to “Love & Loathe — 02/11/10”
It’s been so good to be here. Thank you and Tony for letting me into your lives. Right now, Tug is curled around my bare toes, asleep. Korea seems to far away. . .
You’re welcome… I so glad you were able to stay so long and that you chose to stay here. Also that you helped me with Tug’s neediness. 🙂
Wow, those pictures are really cool!
We do our yoga and get in a little quiet time before little critters noisy up our house! That’s what we do at 5:30! (Well, more like 6, anyway. hehe.)
Hrm… maybe it’s something in the way they process frozen yogurt??? Can you eat regular yogurt? Can you eat ANY frozen yogurt? Or yogurt from certain places?
Sorry your mom’s leaving so soon… Glad you’ve had such a nice visit. 🙂
Man, whatever. Most of the time, I’ve found that USC fans are the most pretentious in the world. I’m sure there are exceptions, but I haven’t met any… My favorite saying that has to do with USC: You can’t spell SUCK without USC. hehe. ;P
Those pics really are a cool time waster, aren’t they? hehe
5:30 or 6, still… ugh. Ummm, wait, does Steve do yoga with you?
It has to be something with their processing… McDonald’s sundaes/McFlurries and Golden Spoon. That’s pretty much it. Remember, I tried Souplantation’s frozen yogurt and got really sick?
I wish she weren’t leaving already… 😦
😆 Guess you wouldn’t ever guess I am a USC fan, then, huh? hehehe
HELP!!! she is eating more BEANS!!!! WHY???
love you sweetie pie, just face that butt the other way, hehehehe
You love all my good vibrations, you know you do. Come here, baby! *leer*
Wishing you more things to love! Have a good weekend.
Why, thank you! 🙂 To you, too. 🙂 🙂
Frozen yogurt is very yummy. Frozen custard is even better. Abbott’s Frozen Custard is a local delicacy you should definately try someday. http://www.abbottscustard.com/
I’ll keep it in mind… 🙂
How wonderful that your Mom got to stay for such a good long visit. I know she will miss being with you all, too….I wish her well and a Safe Trip Home!
I know, I feel sad for her that she’s leaving, she’s got a long journey back to her home and then no daughter or son-in-law to pester and tease her. 😦 I know she loves being pestered! hehe
Perhaps you should paint your little car in a more distinctive pattern. (maybe a ‘job wanted’ advert?)
Hmmm, well, maybe a magnet? Not sure about a custom paint job for that… 🙂
I never would’ve guessed that you were a USC fan. hehe.
No… Steve doesn’t do yoga… hehe. That’s a funny visual. 😀
LOL, yep, guilty of being a fan of USC. *shrug* There’s a story behind it. Of course there is. What thing in my life doesn’t have a story attached to it?
Hehe, can you make Steve do yoga and take a picture? 😀