* My mom leaves this coming Monday. I really don’t want her to leave.
* Bloating. I still, after all these years, have not learned to enjoy, tolerate or like this bloating thing that my body does. Even when the doctor had me taking diuretics back in 2006, my body overrode the diuretic. It’s ridiculous, really.
* Sleeping in, just because I can. I mean, what on earth do you people who get up at 5:30 AM do anyway that’s so important?
* All this time with my mom. I have really been soaking it up and basking in it. It sounds so simple — visiting, talking, sharing and quality mother/daughter time. I feel so blessed and grateful. She is truly a gift to me.
* Kidney beans. I know I’ve mentioned how much I love those silly things before, but I decided that since my love for them hasn’t diminished, maybe I should find a cheaper, more affordable way to cook them. Say hello to dried beans, cooked in the crockpot. Plus, it makes my husband cry… if you get my drift. If you don’t, we can safely say that he does.
* Time wasters such as this website. (Click it!) Great fun, and someone took a whole lotta time to do those pictures.
One Last Thing:
I saw this truck in the parking lot at Costco a couple weeks ago. As I walked past it, I wondered just how many conversations or comments the owner elicited from total strangers by having his truck custom painted, down both sides and the back, indicating his love for USC. I’m guessing he can’t be a fair weather fan with a paint job like that…
When I left Costco a bit later, I saw him engaged in conversation with another couple and overheard them talking about how the team has done this year. The couple moved on to their own car, laughing and chatting with each other. The owner of the truck got in and started it up to leave. I smiled to myself, because it answered my question — A LOT.
Then I wondered if he has to allot extra “chatting with strangers time” to every errand he runs?