* Tater tots. Such a simple pleasure.
* My pumpkin cookies. With chocolate chips. I made some with raisins for Tony, but chocolate chips are the best.
* Pomegranates. Preferably without worms in them. *shudder*
* I got an extra day before they turned the heat off in the community pool. I’ll take that as an unexpected birthday gift.
* Halloween sales. Yes, I got my Halloween tree at Hallmark. *grin*
* Disneyland on my birthday. They give you a pin to wear, and when Disneyland employees see it, it’s their cue to say “Happy Birthday” … I received 19 Happy Birthday wishes in about 2 hours. Love it.
* Having a novel reading day just because I feel like it.
* Family & friends. I simply love them. I love that they took it upon themselves to make a fuss over my birthday.
* We’re going to the mountains this weekend. I love the mountains.
* Ummm, huh. Not coming up with anything for this week.
One Last Thing:
Last week I made shredded beef burritos for dinner. Since I was clearing out the meat in the freezer, and I wasn’t sure how long the beef I was using had been in there, I tossed the beef in the crockpot and used one of those slow cooker liners that I love so much for making clean-up easy.
A few hours into the slow cooking process, to my surprise given how well-sealed my crockpot is, I heard it sizzling over there and thought I should go check it out. The heat and pressure had apparently created a suction effect, which had caused the liner to puff up and actually lift the 3 pounds of beef on a cloud of hot air.
What a cool science thing!
12 responses to “Love & Loathe — 11/03/09”
I went swimming Tues at the huge indoor pool 40 min walk, but I took the bus. Wore lots of clothes ’cause of very cold weather that has swept in this week. Just as I figured, few people were at the pool because of the cold weather. I almost had my own double-wide, lane. 🙂
I love it when the weather affects people’s desire to swim. Doesn’t happen too much here, but I love it when it does. I mean, what do I care what the weather is like? The pool is warm, regardless of what the weather’s doing… especially in an indoor pool. But *sshhhhh* don’t tell THEM that.
Glad you had a good swim!
I can’t wait to go to the mountains too and relax…and do nothing but fun things if we do. XXXOXOXOXO
We always have a good time, but NOW you have something to do on Saturday morning! Stop having things to do!!!
good lord, i love tater tots, too. 😀
glad you have no loathes 🙂
I suppose I could have come up with *something* but my rule is what immediately comes to mind and I can’t overuse idiot drivers. hehe
Happy Birthday! Glad you enjoyed it.
I love tater tots as well but don’t eat them any longer. Too many carbs. Enjoy the weekend in the mountains!
Thank you! It will be a good weekend. Tater tots are the best and I justify them because potatoes are high in potassium! 🙂
Love that you had no loathes! That’s gotta be a first, eh?
Have you thought about making pumpkin cookies with cranberries? My coworker made some and oh my goodness, I had to ask for a private moment alone in my office. 😉
If you come and visit me, I will make you pumpkin cookies with cranberries. Maybe some chocolate chips, too. AND I’ll dim the lights while you eat them. 😛
is it possible to overuse “idiot drivers?” because i think i loathe them EVERY DAY. hehe.
… well, technically, no, “idiot drivers” can’t be overused, but it might be tiresome if it’s on the list ALL THE TIME right? I mean, I felt guilty using 09/__/09 as a “love” for the month of September.