* It’s been two or three weeks now and I’m still a bit weirded out that we have a neighbor who opened my package, stole stuff, but “not really” because they returned the stuff they stole (Link). Which then begs the question of whether I should be insulted? Like, what I bought was good enough to steal, but then they RETURNED it to me? And… should I be thankful for that? I’m also surprised that none of you all seemed to be even remotely weirded out by that. What if it had been YOUR stuff and your neighbor?
* My strategy of bringing the alpha cat (Tug) along to the vet with his cat’s vet appointment was genius. Pure genius. It only took Tug 2 days (vs. 1 month) to accept Snug back into his good graces. If poor Snug ever has to go to the vet again, I will definitely be bringing Tug along. I’m thankful that my vet tolerated the weirdness and didn’t charge us a boarding fee for the day.
We should all have sweet nothings licked into our ear…
* This bouquet of plumeria flowers that seems to keep blooming and blooming. It greets me every time I look out the window or go into the back yard. Plumerias are the best. Plus, it brings Hawaii to the forefront of my mind and Hawaiian nostalgia is always a happy thing.
* I’m grateful for humor. On Monday I went over to the local mall. As I was walking in, another lady and I crossed the street at the same time as a vehicle with some dude blaring his stereo with overwhelming bass drove behind us. I looked at her, she looked at me. I said, “Doesn’t that just make you want to beg him to stop his car so you can crawl in and drive around with him?” She smirked and replied, “No.” I said, “Yeah, me neither.” We both laughed.
* We really had a fantastic time at the county fair. Minus the part where I accidentally stepped on the back of Tony’s flip-flop and broke it. But still… where else can you ride an elephant, visit an ice museum, eat food off a grill so huge that it’s pulled by a semi-truck, see the Clydesdales (my favorite horses in the world), and as the grand finale, see Bill Cosby (a performance that lasted 2 hours and 20 minutes, and he was EARLY) all in one day? And, bonus, the price of fair admission was included in the cost of the Bill Cosby tickets (which really weren’t very expensive)! I really love our county fair!
* I am so thankful that in 2006 I found an activity — lap swimming — that I love to do, that I’m healthy enough to be able to do (a few years ago I wasn’t), that I have facilities conveniently available to me (both within my community and at my gym), and of all the things in the world that I could be addicted to, somehow my addiction has turned out to be one of the best things for me. It truly is my cure all for everything and I am thankful every single day for it.
* Our city is having a “Shop & Dine Locally” event this week. A whole bunch of businesses are participating and they’re REAL discounts… like, buy one dinner, get one free or 25% off of your order type of stuff. With anything in life, there’s a counter-balance for everything, but given that we live in the city (vs. the country), all things considered, most of the time I really, really love where we live.
18 responses to “Blogabilities – Week of 08/07/2011”
“Hawaiian nostalgia is always a happy thing”….normally, I’d agree with you, but my boyfriend was stationed in Hawaii for a couple of years and he hated it there. So talking about Hawaii usually isn’t very pleasant for him. But I suspect the Army had more to blame than Hawaii. Perspectives, I guess.
Beautiful flowers though! Awfully tempting to put one in your hair, tucked gently behind one ear, isn’t it? 😉
Why would his experiences mar your perspective of such a beautiful place?
I love plumeria and all the tropical flowers, really. They’re so beautiful.
I love fairs as well. New York State has a grand one every year with lots of great stuff (including decent free concerts) included in the $7 cost of admission. And who doesn’t love fair food?
So, since your neighbors were kind enough to “borrow” some stuff from a package of yours, you should return the favor! I firmly believe in reciprocity.
I think there’s free concerts out here, but I didn’t look into any of them, I just wanted to see Cosby again! 🙂 (and the other stuff. hehe)
On the neighbors, I have no idea who did it. But it was so creepy. Now I don’t know if I should have stuff shipped here anymore, you know?
Plumeria – so pretty!
Yeah, that’s creepy about your neighbor. I missed a couple of weeks of your posting as the summer semester was wrapping up, so I missed that story. But I’m glad you were able to get your tankinis (from the company, and then back from the creepy neighbor)!
You sound really happy, and that makes me happy!
Love the plumeria! I wish I could let you sniff it! 🙂
I don’t know what to do about the neighbor and my packages. Should I have stuff shipped here anymore? It’s just weird, like why would they pick THAT package of all the packages I have shipped here? So strange.
I am happy… and so very content.
i miss hawaii!
your neighbor’s a jerk!
miss you. i’d better get back to work! i was 3 posts behind! WTH! i just wanted to check in on you. 🙂 xoxo
You and me, we need to go to Hawaii together. Let’s run away together! hehe
We also need to see each other again. Friday can’t come fast enough! hehe
I miss Hawaii and I love those flowers. We will go again soon. Love you sooooo much.
We need to go NOW! *muwah*
The plumeria flowers looked like they can cheer people up! Thank you for sharing.
Those plumerias are so beautiful, the picture doesn’t do them justice. 🙂
I think I would talk to the neighbor… but then hey … look at my neighbor issues lol.
I want Hawaii experience….
Check restaurant dot com and see if they have any gift card specials for those you are planning to visit, and save even more!
I would, but I have no idea WHICH neighbor did it… we have, like, 100 neighbors. Or it could have been someone from the community next door.
Awww, Hawaii. Everyone should experience Hawaii at least once in their life. 🙂
Thanks for the tip re: restaurants. 🙂
I missed that post about your neighbor—in fact I have missed a few posts–Sorry about that, my dear. I have not been getting around to all my blog buddies–Not been feeling too well, and lots going on around here…
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Plumerias….The flowers are so beautiful and so sweetly fragrant…And, indeed, they do bring up wonderful memories of Hawaii……
It sounds like you and Yoby are having some fun times….The County Fair sounds FAB!!!
Plumerias are so wonderful!
Love the county fair — such fun. 🙂
And whenever you stop by to visit is just fine with me. It’s always worth the wait!
I wasn’t finished with my comment, but something weird happened and there was no “scroll” available…Very Strange.
Anyway…..I’m glad you are feeling good, my dear, and having GOOD Times, too! Sending (((((((HUGS)))))))
Oh, that is weird. All is well over here. Hoping the same for you?