* Me: I love your version of Rice Krispie treats. They’re so good and not as sweet as the store bought ones. I think everyone else must add extra sugar.
Him: Probably. I’m glad you like them.
Me: They’re mostly healthy, I think, you use less marshmallows than the recipe calls for… although there is a lot of butter in them.
Him: Yeah, but the butter cooks out.
Me: Stares at him with raised eyebrows. He’s totally serious.
Me: No. That’s liquor that cooks out.
Him: Oh. You’re right.
* This here is the primary reason I go to work on Fridays and get there by 8am. Also, you know, the whole “Building the Money Hump” thing. Oh, and to interact with all my charming co-workers. But mostly, this.
Croissant filled with scrambled eggs…
* I know they’re lying to me, when I’m at the bottom of my FB feed and it says, “There are no more posts to show right now.” Liars! Liars!
* Based on traffic patterns this week, it appears that a lot of people have taken this week off from work. Good for them, good for me! Less traffic in my way cuts 10 minutes off of my commute. Such a treat!
* I’m not terribly thrilled that my boss is going on another 2 week travel trip, starting tomorrow. (sigh) I’m really praying that this trip will go more smoothly for him than the last one. The reality of it is that it matters not how much preparation one does in advance, because wacky weather and unattended packages left in airports can throw it all off.
* Because I’ve been swimming laps outside in our community pool, I’ve not been going to the gym to swim or attending my weekly aquatic aerobic class. My instructor for the class emailed me a couple nights ago to tell me how much she missed me. Isn’t that the sweetest thing ever?
* Outside the kitchen/break room window at work there are several jacaranda trees where a group of crows like to hang out. I love watching them hop around in the tree, fly from tree to tree, or when they sit up there and groom themselves. On an occasion last week, the gardeners were testing the sprinklers and there was one crow who flew down and hopped through the sprinklers like a 5 year old kid on a hot summer day. He hopped and flew through several of them, even found some puddles to splash through, and then went so far as to stick his face in the sprinkler itself. That bird was so wet and so very happy with himself. It made me happy to watch him being happy.
Crow in a jacaranda tree…
Kind of difficult to see him since he’s in the shade of the tree…
20 responses to “Blogabilities – Week of 06/19/2011”
Breakfast looks yummy! Too many carbs for me, though. Still, might have to suck it up for eggs and croissant!
Butter indeed does not cook out, so the real question becomes is there butter in the rice crispie treats or alcohol? Maybe THAT’S why they taste so good! A little slip of the tongue perhaps?
Friday breakfasts are yummy! All this time I thought they only brought bagels and muffins (talk about carbs!), then I was there early one morning (like 7:00am) and discovered that they also have those delicious croissant concoctions. Now! Now, I am inspired to get there early on Fridays!
Now, Vince, I’m starting to think YOU want the alcohol in the rice krispie treats. 😛
I know, right? So delicious! Sleep? What’s sleep? We’re talking about food here! hehe
I have never heard of jacaranda trees!! They are PURPLE! How do I not know about these trees? Oh the woes of living in Canada. 😉
That crow story made me happy. I LOVE watching birds or other little rodenty things (squirrels, but they are evil, so I watch them half hidden by my blinds) play in the water and stuff like humans.
Jacaranda trees are mostly just boring (boring?) green during the summer, bare in the winter. But springtime? They’re glorious!
Awww, I love watching critters just be critters. I think it’s because they’re so happy just being themselves and I wish we all could be that way. 🙂
Ahhh the sweet essence of the Jacaranda tree! They smell like a tiny slice of heaven and are so lovely! Your crows sound delightful to watch and the sprinkler dance sounds like it was a treat to watch!
YUM to the Friday breakfast. Now I’m hungry.
YAY for light traffic! Perhaps it’s because school just got out? That’s impacted my
Jacarandas are beautiful things. As are Friday breakfasts. Light traffic, yep, likely due to school being out or people taking vacations because school just got out. 🙂
Love you sweetie, and the butter does cook out, hehehehe
I miss the jacaranda tree. Thank you for sharing.
Breakfast and jacaranda trees… two lovely things indeed. 🙂
I want one of those Croissants Right Now!!! (lol)….They look incredibly yummy! The crows were squacking away here today—I wish I knew what they were saying to each other—Squack, Dquackm Squack—for about twenty minutes! A l-o-n-g conversation…lol!
Have a great weekend, my dear.
LOL — maybe like the 101 Dalmations? Catching up on the crow gossip? hehe
I’m thinking I need to come to work with you on Friday’s ! My work never puts out a spread like that… oh, yeah, I work from home. huh.
I love your look on life. You go to the park, see geese fights, and find the good. You see a crow jumping in the sprinklers and find it amusing. Ahhhhh such a fresh happy outlook! And you share it with us! Thank you.
I’m thinking you need to come and work with me EVERY day. We would have such a good time! hehe Either that or we’d hate each other because we’d always be fighting over the croissants!
The good in life? I suppose. Have to admit, though, it’s much easier to focus on the rough stuff.
Thanks soi much my Blog-Friend, for the Birthday Wishes…It is NOW Official! As of 3:25am, I am 80 years old! AMAZING!
You’re welcome. I can’t believe you’re 80. You’re so amazing! 🙂
lavender??? i MUST have a jarcanda tree! how pretty! i’ve only seen them on farmville. *snicker*
FOOD! makes me happy. 😀
Oh you — you make me laugh with your Farmville comment.
Food is a wonderful thing, especially light and fluffy eggs on a light and fluffy croissant! 🙂