* I’m ever thankful for a husband who notices small details. As a very tiny example (because there are far too many wonderful things that man does, way too many to list), when I buy the “personal-sized” watermelons at Costco, they come in a mesh bag of 2 that I hang on the corner cabinet in the kitchen. One day recently I came home and set groceries down and went back out to my car for more. I came back inside and most everything had been put away, including the watermelons hung just the way I usually do. I stared at them for a second and wondered if I had done that, but I smiled as I realized that I hadn’t, he had. He knew how I liked it. He’s always been that way… and I’m so blessed.
* I very much dislike bad marketing pictures. In fact, I’m making this a new blog category. Walking through Walmart, I saw this guy on a box for a floatie tube thing for the pool. It scared me so bad I took a picture (isn’t that what everyone does)? Then for the next two days until I cleared off my camera’s SD card, if I reviewed pictures I’d shriek and yell, “AHHHH, SCARY TUBE GUY!” And my husband would say, “Huh?” And then laugh at me.
* You may remember when my friend, Grace, had her baby … FIVE YEARS AGO. How does this happen, five years? She had a birthday party this past weekend, and I watched as Mia (her daughter) laughed and played with her friends, smiled and interacted with everyone at her party, and did crafts… and she starts school this year. I’m so baffled. From a tiny baby who stared you down with an “I dare you to make a fool of yourself!” look on her face came forth this happy, skipping child with a beautiful, engaging smile who loves dresses, Awana, Octonauts, Disneyland, princesses and (weirdly) snails. Mind boggling. Where did the time go?
* This very same friend (Grace) bought ME a gift and gave it to me at her daughter’s party. I’m not sure if this is a blessing or not, actually, because it’s a gift of the consumable nature. When she gives me these types of gifts, they’re usually highly addicting. This gift was organic/decaf corn tea. Sounds kind of weird, but it has, in just a few short days, become my new favorite warm drink. Over hot chocolate, even.
* I got a notice in the mail from my mortgage company. Worried, because I don’t like getting anything in the mail which departs from the regular mailing schedule from companies who collect money from me, I ripped it open. Happily, I discovered that they’re notifying me that my ARM is going down and I will be paying a tiny bit less each month to my mortgage company starting September. In times when money is so tight in our household, everywhere really, every little bit helps!
* The perks of having a small car… I can park all cockamamied in my parking spot to maximize tree shade and still be inside the lines of my parking spot. Bonus? No one can figure out how to park next to me without being all crooked, too.
* The pool bunnies are back. Since I’ve been swimming in the community pool again, I’ve been looking for them, waiting for them. I was thrilled (THRILLED!) to see one hop out and start grazing on the grass one evening this week. Pool bunnies are the best!
* S’mores cookies. Do you really need me to say more?
26 responses to “Blogabilities – Week of 06/26/2011”
did you make those smore’s cookies? they are so cute and delicious looking. do you use graham crackers in the cookie? i don’t think it would be proper otherwise.
that tube guy scares me too.
glad things are good in your world. the corn tea does not sound good to me 🙂
Yes! They are delicious! I used this recipe: http://makeandbakeblog.blogspot.com/2009/03/smores-cookies.html, but tripled it (that recipe doesn’t make nearly enough cookies), and added 1 extra cup of graham crackers. Without the extra graham crackers, the dough spread out too much and the cookie was too crunchy for my taste. Also, I alternated using a chunk of dark chocolate with the milk chocolate on top… because I adore dark chocolate. 🙂
😆 I didn’t think I’d like corn tea. But then I didn’t think I’d like brown rice green tea either when she first gave it to me. hehe With Grace, I’ve learned to just trust her. She knows good food. Either that or we have similar tastes in food. 🙂
Scary tube guy is weird. AHHHHH, he’s still there!
What’s the deal with the tube guy? What a weird picture!!
Love it when the husband notices the little things!
S’mores cookies are the best… 🙂
The tube guy? Obviously the company needs a better marketing person, or photographer, or both.
For such a big guy, my husband is awesome with details. Love that about him. 🙂
Just want to go on record as saying I like pool bunnies too, but we’re probably thinking of different kinds of bunnies. 😉
Kids have a funny way of growing up on you. One minute they a little baby then “blink” and they’re starting school and then “blink” they’re starting finishing their first year of high school. The time goes WICKEDLY fast.
I took a picture of MY pool bunny. I have no idea what pool bunny you’re thinking about. 😛
I know, for Mia, in 10 years (which is just 5+5), she’ll be in high school… and gearing up to learn how to drive. But don’t tell her mom I said that. hehe
People who park like you do thwart my attempts at learning to park properly. If I fail my driving test in two weeks I am totally blaming YOU! ha!
Tube guy IS scary. I wouldn’t even have wanted to take a photo of it. I would have just run to another aisle.
I need to meet you and Grace in person one day. Soon, I think.
hehe… and now you know that at least one person in the world parks like that ON PURPOSE! Of course, it also serves to keep my parking spot all to myself. The other hazard of driving a small car is people in BIG cars think they can park next to me and “borrow” part of my spot. Parking like that makes it very difficult for them to do so. 😛
… and now I have Scary Tube Guy floating around on my blog page. hehe
You totally should meet us. 🙂 We’re fun and funny. 🙂 Although I’ve been told by fellow bloggers that I’m much quieter in person than you would think I would be.
High-five for my ARM buddy. Mine has been adjusting steadily downward over the past 3 years. I’m at 3% and loving it.
Mine will be at 3% September 1st. 3% makes me happy. 🙂
I love coming here and reading a happy post. I need happy! personal size watermelons, smores cookies, ARM’s coming down, All good news!
Yep, all good news. Especially the S’mores. 🙂
I WANT ONE OF THOSE COOKIES! ;P hehe.
It was so good to see you… twice in one week! 😀 Thanks for taking the time out for me…
Also, I love that pic of Mia. You really caught her personality in that pic. Always happy. 🙂
Glad you liked the tea. I hoped you might. I can’t remember if I told you or not, but there’s a barley tea, too. I need to see if I can find it in tea bags for you. 🙂
I can’t believe it’s been 5 years already. WTH.
I TOTALLY MEANT TO GIVE YOU ONE OF THOSE COOKIES, but our lunch was kind of spontaneous (at least to me). hehe My next batch, I’ll give you some. Would THAT make you happy? hehe
Now it’s too hot to drink that tea. I can’t wait to get back to work (to the air conditioning) so I’m cold enough to drink hot tea again… hehe what a grand reason to want to go back to work, eh?
Crazy. 5 years. *muttering to myself like a crazy homeless person*
Helpful hubby, love.
Tube guy, creepy.
Kids growing, happens fast!
Bunnies, have those too- around the lake : o )
Cookies, see tea comment.
You make me smile… 🙂
Tube guy freaked me out with his zombie abdominal skin graft thing.
Mia is five? Really? Seems like just a couple of years ago I was reading about a party at Grace’s house where she couldn’t drink because she was pregnant. Time really does fly.
😆 Zombie abdominal skin graft thing… hehehe
I know… five. It’s crazy.
Cheers for an observant husband of yours who pays attention. You are blessed indeed.
So very blessed. 🙂
Where’s the love button here?! This whole post made me smile 🙂 And that guy in the tube… way scary! LOL
Awww, glad to make you happy! Except for the Scary Tube Guy! 🙂
Oh my god, that tube guy is horrifying. Just cut off the damn legs and become a respectable paraplegic.
LOL — and that, right there, is why I love you so. Your irreverence is refreshing!
Does the warning label on the lower right corner of the scary tube guy box say: “Warning: Using this product causes uber-creepiness in men, loss of self-respect and chest hair”?
If it doesn’t, it should.
It should also say your legs might shrink!