* Typos, misspellings or grammatical errors in my own posts. Argh! I have a good excuse, which is that I usually write my posts around midnight, when I should be in bed, sleeping.
* The heat. I mean, I love being warm but… yeah, so much for that cool summer I was wishing for a couple weeks ago.
* We lost 3 guppies this past weekend because of the heat. Poor little guppies just got too hot.
* My life today. Must be all these anniversaries that have been celebrated recently, but I realized to my shock, that if I’d stayed married to my ex-hole, it would have been 21 years yesterday. I cannot even begin to articulate how thankful, grateful and blessed I am for where and who I am today vs. where/who I would be if I hadn’t changed my world 8 years ago. God is so good, and I don’t say that lightly.
* Zucchini. I know, I’m teasing you about the large zucchini I was given and not posting pictures. Just you wait… the anticipation will be worth it.
* Nail files. Can you imagine life without nail files or nail clippers? What would you do about a hang nail?
One Last Thing:
At one of the birthday parties we recently attended, Tony was allowing the kids to beat him up and I was watching. Sometimes it’s best just to watch. And record a video for posterity, of course.
Anyway, so the kids were beating him up, his antics were actually drawing kids away from other parties at the park. I was watching, and the nearest thing to sit on was the wooden fence. So, that’s what I sat on, and then Tony took my picture.
After a bit of time passed, I looked at the picture and realized with some embarrassment that I was all slouched and I could hear my grandma admonishing me in my mind to “sit up straight!” GAH! I admit it. I’m a total sloucher. I hunch over when I’m not thinking about it. Obviously I wasn’t thinking about it. Since I’m confessing, I also, apparently, hear voices in my head.
We’ll just call this series the “Before” and “After” John Robert Powers Modeling school training, shall we?
After (remove the pink cup & backpack):
You, too, can have picture perfect posture and sit uncomfortably on a wooden fence, remembering to suck your gut in and keep your arms away from your rib cage, all while smiling and pretending as if it were the most natural and comfortable thing in the world… if you go to modeling school!
12 responses to “Love & Loathe — 07/22/2010”
Sometimes I think of those “Notaversaries” with my ex-husbands and shudder.
You do have an excuse for slouching: it’s extremely common for very tall women. If you want to get out of the habit, just remind yourself, “I will not be in the majority statistic!”
I was so shocked when I realized the time that had passed, and what it would have been. So glad it wasn’t that day, don’t know that it would have been a celebration but more of a war badge.
Huh, I suppose, but I’ve slouched since I was a teenager and I wasn’t really all that tall. I wonder that it doesn’t have more to do with hormones and laziness….
I’ve never noticed any mispellings or grammar issues, but then again, you’ve read my professional writing and fixed a lot of it, so I’m not the best judge.
I know of the ginourmous zucchini as my mother grows them. Not unusual to have 5 to 10 pound squash but it will be neat to see how big yours is (why does that not sound right?)
You look much better with good posture! So keep sitting up straight. Your grandmother knew what she was talking about.
I think this zucchini was about 10 pounds, and it wasn’t the largest he had in his bag! 😆
My grandmother was a smart lady. I wish I’d listened more to her instead of feeling resentful for her corrections.
It was fun all those parties. Why didn’t you stop the kids from beating me up, I think you wanted to beat me up too, LOL. Love you sweetie, XXOXOXOXO
Nah, why would I beat you up when the kids were doing such a fine job of it without my help? hehe
Love you babe. xoxo
21 years? Were you first married when you were 8?
Looking pretty good on that fence.
8, yeah, that’s pretty close. Much too young and much too gullible. heh
Something about a posed picture and good lighting, I guess. 🙂
Always love your Love & Loathe posts…..The “heat with hunidity”….I cannot bear…..
I make so many typing errors because I type with one finger and I’m not as agile as I used to be—I TOO hate my mistakes….UGH!
I am so very happy for you Jammie, that YOU are so happy with Tony and that you two have such a GOOD life together.
Aww, thanks, glad you like them. 🙂 This weather reminds me of Hawaii — the heat and humidity and rainstorms.
You type with one finger? I didn’t know that!
I feel so blessed. I really do. 🙂
i slouch all the time, too. i’ve gotta stop doing that!!!
21 years… that’s insane. i’m so glad you are where you are now. 🙂 and not with that a-hole. hehe. 🙂
21 years. Damn. I’m showing my age.
I remember last year I discovered that my (then) boss had the same exact anniversary date with her husband. Same date AND year. Now THAT was a weird revelation. Also it was weird to realize that I could say “20 years ago…” and put something of note behind it.