* Car trouble. It’s really unfair how one little bitty expensive part can cause so much trouble. Tomorrow will be day two in the shop for the little red car.
* Police helicopters who circle above our neighborhood at 11:15 PM once a week. I don’t buy it anymore that there’s some criminal they’re watching, it’s too predictable. I think it’s a practice flight and I think it’s annoying. I need my sleep or I just might become a criminal for them to watch. *grumble*
* A particular blog friend who mailed me homemade St. Patrick’s day sugar cookies ALL THE WAY from the east coast. I opened the package and stood there with tears in my eyes at her thoughtfulness. I love you, Nina. I would have taken pictures, except that there aren’t any left to take a picture of. They were gone within 8 hours. Sorry. You’ll just have to take my word for it that they were delicious.
* Kentucky Fried Chicken’s cole slaw.
* Jalapenos on a hamburger. We had dinner with friends tonight (I love them, too), but putting those jalapenos on my burger made it 10x more delicious than delicious can be defined.
* One more month and my community should start heating our community’s pool. I can’t wait!
* My husband who gladly inconvenienced himself by giving up his car for the day, so I could get to work. Which meant I got to experience what it’s like to drive around at 5 AM to take him to work so I could have his car for the day. It’s weird at that time of the day, no one’s around and it’s all dark and stuff. Weird.
* Tony’s parents. For many reasons, I love them, but heaped on top of it all, since we both need a car for tomorrow, they are gladly giving up one of theirs.
One Last Thing:
I’m just plain tired. The weekend needs to be here so I can sleep.
24 responses to “Love & Loathe – 03/18/10”
I share your tiredness but this weekend will not bring any rest. Far too packed with stuff that needs doing. I like going to work before everyone else. Far less stressful getting there.
Enjoy your weekend! Relax and get some rest.
I may have to reconsider my sleeping in time. Getting up earlier and getting to work early cuts my commute in half. I like short commute times.
Your car was just in the shop for two days a couple of weeks ago! Any connection to that?
Glad you like the Jalapenos so that I don’t have to eat them.
The camshaft sensor was unrelated, but the the crankshaft wire might have been related. Either way, they only charged me for the camshaft sensor, which was easy to replace. The crankshaft wire took longer, but they didn’t charge me for that.
“it’s all dark and stuff.”? Might be dark when that police helicopter comes around too, if you open your eyes.
Now, why would I do that? I’m trying to sleep.
Love you sweetie, the cookies were great, Thanks Nina!!
Little car will be home soon. Love you sweetie, XXOXOXOXO
Those cookies were awesome. Mmmm, now we need some Easter sugar cookies! 🙂
sorry about your car!
i love jalapenos, too. num num num. 😀
Cookies! Jalapenos! Not together, though. *concerned look*
I knooooow. My world was all skewed without my car.
I always love being out in the world at 5 a.m. (not that it happens very often). It’s always so peaceful–a delicious “in-between time” separating night from the crazy bustle of daytime.
So glad you and Tony liked the cookies! I had fun making them!
It was fun to take a peek at another time that I don’t usually see. What comes to my mind, though, is the saying that “It’s a nice time to visit, but I wouldn’t wanna live there.” 🙂
I like 5am in the Summer, when the sun is up and the birds are singing their hearts out… very rarely am I awake then, but just now and then the sun wakes me….
I discovered jalapenos on burgers back in Houston… love them, lifts the burger.
Hugs and hopes that you get that peaceful weekend.
I love how the birds are always SO HAPPY first thing in the morning. Such enthusiasm to greet a new day! It makes me smile, as do jalapenos on a burger. 🙂
I love early morning, I just hate getting up. Better to stay up all night, then go to sleep as the birds are singing.
😆 “I just hate getting up.” I so understand that! 🙂
I wish you a restful weekend.
Cheers to all the things that you love.
Awww, thanks. 🙂 Cheers to you, since I love you. 🙂
Hope you are getting a GOOD Rest, my dear….You know I have never had KFC’s Cole Slaw—Hmmmm. I’m going to have to get some! Your dear husband and his very dear parents—WEll, see? Look at the Gene Pool! It’s no wonder Tony is such a dream-boat!
Oh, definitely, you need to try KFC’s cole slaw. It’s so good and unlike anybody else’s slaw that I’ve tried. So good. You know, we went back and bought each of us our own container of cole slaw and we both finished it by the next day! hehe
Tony IS a dream boat. 🙂
You could get the police helicopter’s attention by shining a laser pointer at them.
(no, seriously, don’t do that!)
😆 I was simply thinking about calling the city and complaining.
But now I have to ask, what would the laser pointer do, besides make my cats run across the sky upside down? 😛
hope your weekend was good and that you got the rest you needed!!!! and somehow i had missed the post about you getting a job … i’m so glad for you – and i hope you are enjoying it (despite having things on your mind) … just popping by with a (hug)
Thanks for the hug. 🙂
Despite all that was going on over the weekend, I did get some incredible sleep at night. I’ll take incredible sleep. I love sleep.