* The personal sized watermelons have completely disappeared from stores. They left Costco, which is where I normally buy them, which I thought was odd. Then I checked grocery stores; gone from there, too. Is Mexico on watermelon strike or something (that’s where they grow the personal sized ones)? It took me 2 weeks to give in, but I finally bought a small, seedless watermelon at Costco. The key words in that sentence being “small” and “Costco.” Which means it was large but they charge per melon vs. per poundage. At $3.99 each, it was hard to pass up. But that’s way too much watermelon for me to eat by myself, so that means Tony has been eating watermelon too! Which means I’m sharing my melon! (I think there’s a double entendre in there somewhere.)
* We finished a box of peaches from Costco on Monday night. My cat, Tug, adores boxes and since he’s been unhappy since Saturday’s vet trip, instead of throwing the box away, I put it on the floor by the sliding patio door. He watched me do it from across the room. As I turned to leave, he got up, walked over, sat down, curled up in it and went to sleep. I don’t think he moved all night. He’s been in that thing ever since. Guess I’ll make a note to remember that a box is the best soother for him for the next traumatic event in his life.
The first five minutes…
The 2nd night…
The 3rd night…
* I was searching in my personal diaries for something back in 2008 and, in skimming my entries during that time period, realized just how unhappy I was at my former job. I’m so glad I don’t work there anymore.
* I’m still loving my 5 am lap swims. I’m also loving that the weird marijuana smell has completely disappeared.
* I bought a fish net to keep in my swim bag to “fish” gross things (such as band aids, half eaten pop tarts or cigarette butts) from the bottom of the pool. It’s something I’ve thought about doing for years, I don’t know why I haven’t… optimism for the human race, I guess? But I’m glad I did. It’s been put to good use this week.
* Tony discovered lemon trees alongside a bike trail behind an unoccupied business building. If they’re gonna just drop to the ground, which they will, why not put them to good use and make lemonade (which I will)?
* I have a dental cleaning scheduled this Friday. I love my dentist and am very excited about getting my teeth cleaned. Yay for clean teeth! (Sometimes it’s the simple things, right?)
* Also, we’re going to the mountains this weekend. The anticipation! So many chores to do before we leave! Cannot wait. I’m so excited, I’m beside myself!
14 responses to “Blogabilities — Week of 07/17/2011”
There seems to be some message in a picture of a cat in a box that says I M Ripe, but I can’t quite figure out what it is.
I probably shouldn’t comment on your melons. Might be inappropriate. You can probably guess what I’m thinking.
Enjoy your weekend!
In Tug’s case, it’s safe to say he’s ripe with attitude. I’m just gonna go ahead and say that’s his “time out” box, because he has definitely been misbehaving.
I’m just laughing at the rest of your comment. hehehehe
i was thinking the same about the box. there is just something ridiculous about him sitting in that box 🙂
i am enjoying these happy go lucky posts you have been putting up this month. the carefree days of summer!
So very ridiculous. But he will wedge himself into any box possible, regardless of its size, if it’s left on the floor. Then, once wedged, he is SO happy about it. 🙂
Summer is my favorite, I think. I love swimming outside, THAT makes ME happy! 🙂
ove those pictures of your dear Kitty in that FABULOUS Box! All of mu other cats LOVED Boxes…Sweetie has no interest in them at all…..But he loves being near me or on me, so, I’m not complaining….lol!
It’s great that you are swimming every day, my dear…You have o be in such GOOD Shape–I would guess your doctor is very pleased….
Have a GREAT Weekend in The Mountains, my dear…..!
Tug is the only one of our cats who REALLY loves boxes. We have one who prefers the wedge between the couch cushions, another who likes to sit up on top of the cat condo… cats are so funny and such their own little personalities. 🙂 Sweetie? Well, he’s Sweetie and YOU are his box. hehe
You know how I love swimming. Every day but Friday (usually). Swimming is my cure for everything that ails me! I know how you loved to swim, too. I wish you still could. 🙂
Don’t know what happened to the “L” in Love….!
Sometimes “love” comes in two parts? 🙂
I love cats in boxes. Makes me think of Maru: http://youtu.be/hPzNl6NKAG0 hehehe.
Of course, I had to go research who Maru was. 🙂
Love the kitty pictures. Have fun in the mountains!
Maru is hilarious! hehehe. Never a met a box s/he didn’t love. hehe.
Oops. Apparently, I’ve got 2 logins. Oops.
Ok, so after that pic I need to post the one I have of 2 of my cats in my water box. With the plastic still around the box, they climb in and snuggle the water bottles. Seriously. Think is, you can’t tell in the pic what is in the water box!
Have fun in the Mountains! Make sure you take your melon to share…. heehee .