* Remember the cat barf on my car I mentioned a couple weeks ago? i wasn’t sure how the barfer could top getting barf down in my gas filler area, but I am now able to tell you. For Friday the 13th last week, the Barfer barfed on the side mirror… and my hood, but the side mirror is the one that mystifies me. Trying to figure that one out… like, if it were bird crap, I could totally understand how it happened, but a cat? Mystifying.
* Also, on Friday the 13th, the coffee maker at work went out. Our Facilities Manager created this sign for the occasion and vehemently denied it being a Friday the 13th gag. I finally believed him when I saw the coffee machine fixing man out on Monday working on it.
* Did you know there are people whose job it is to go around to companies and restock their first aid kits with band-aids and Tylenols? I sure didn’t, at least not until I saw some dude in a uniform restocking ours at work. I’m still pondering what the guy puts on his resume as his official title. Also, what his qualifications have to be and how would one go about landing that kind of gig?
* Given my love for watermelon, and all melons in general, I have to say this story made me really, really sad.
* The owner of a company who partners with my company told someone pretty high up at my company that I am one of the nicest, most helpful people he’s ever worked with. He phrased the compliment in such a way that it sounded like he’s worked with me for years, although he hasn’t. Just goes to show that things do go through the grapevine, both good and bad. I’m glad this one was good.
* LivingSocial.com offered a deal with Fandango, 2 movie tickets for $9. Of course, I was all over that! We’re presently scheduled to see the new Pirates movie on Saturday morning and I can’t wait! Per Tony’s Movie Rules of Conduct, if the movie we’re going to see is a series, we have to watch all previous movies prior to seeing the new one… so, we’ve been watching all the previous Pirate movies this week. It’s a good thing I’ve been in a movie mood lately.
* Update on the washing machine fix… Tony determined that the broken part was actually a $30 part that we could buy at Sears. Once it was in, tested, and proven to be working, I called the company from whom I had ordered the $100 Brain/timer and asked to return it. In the course of the conversation, they learned that the part had actually been delivered slightly damaged. I told her it wouldn’t affect the operation at all, it’s just one of the four clips that hold it in place, the other three are just fine. She said not to worry, just go ahead and discard the part (umm, right, that will be happening) since they can’t sell it damaged and she would process the refund to my credit card.
* Last week, Tony’s parents went up to the family cabin in the mountains. For breakfast, they went to our favorite restaurant, pointed at our picture on the wall, and said they wanted one of “those messes for her” (“her” being me). The waitress knew exactly what order to put in for that (the Mess, no cheese, extra jalapenos), and then that night, my in-laws delivered said Mess to me at home. To say I was astounded and touched at their thoughtfulness would be an understatement. Then, when I opened the bag and saw these messages from the crew at the restaurant, I nearly cried. You guys, sometimes (a lot of the time), I either forget or don’t believe it, but I am so very loved.
Also, in case you were wondering, the breakfast is delicious. I separated it up into tortillas and rolled them up into “breakfast burritos” and froze them. There was enough for six of them. First time doing that, and it won’t be the last.
17 responses to “Blogabilities – Week of 05/15/2011”
Aw, your in-laws are the sweetest 🙂 🙂 🙂
I really *heart* my in-laws. 🙂 (And you… tee hee.)
i can definitely attest to the fact that your in-laws are awesome! they are givers. i only find cat barf in the hallway. i always question why they must barf on carpet and not on the hardwood floor a few feet away. it would be so much easier to clean up. i had a sick kid this week and he did the same thing. he missed the hardwood and bathroom and went straight for the carpet, sigh. we got to see a movie this weekend. movie dates are nice, especially for such a cheap price. (perhaps i am poet, and don’t even know it. )
My in-laws are really awesome. 🙂
Cats are weird… if I’m quick enough when I hear the heave-ho sound they make, I get up and move them to the hardwood floor. Then, they always turn around for the 2nd round and aim for the carpet again. Also, it’s not like we have that much carpet in the house. It’s weird. Now a kid.. he should know better! hehe
What movie did you guys go see, poet? 🙂
He he. You said melons.
I agree with the owner of that company. You are the best. I can’t tell you (well, perhaps I can) how invaluable you’ve been in helping me prepare for my big presentation (which is today!). I ran through it by giving the presentation to my kids and they were impressed, especially with the presentation itself. I would so hire you away as my administrative assistant if I could. You’re VERY good at what you do.
And of course everyone loves you! How could they not when you’re such a awesome person and friend. Enjoy the breakfast burritos. Love ya!
*snort* You crack me up with your melons thing. hehe
Thanks, Vince, I’m so glad I could help you out. I prayed for you that all went well and that they heard what’s behind the presentation, your desire to grow and do an excellent job while doing so. I’m sure it did go well. How could it not? You’re great!
Also, you humble me with your compliments. 🙂
My presentation went really well! I walked out of the interview feeling like I’d given them my best and that they got to know the “real” me (queue the Who right here). Now is just the waiting and the praying that they think I’m the guy. My offer still stands. You can come work for me any time!
That’s great … so glad you feel like you did well. The waiting part is hard. I’ll keep praying for you, too. 🙂
If I ever find myself on the east Coast and jobless, I’ll be sure to look you up! hehe
Sweetie got the mess, hehehehe, and yes everyone loves you, except our HOA, hehehehe. Love you sweetie, XXOXOXOXOOX
HA!! Your’e funny.
Also, we have a NEW management company.
Hopefully my reputation of intolerance of incompetence hasn’t preceded me. 😯
Aren’t surprise warm fuzzy reminders of how much we’re loved incredible? They stick around in our craw for a long time and even years down the road, still have the power to make us smile. Your ILs sound absolutely amazing, and I gotta say, no one deserves it more than you! YAY for mess!!
As for Tylenol Dude…perhaps the title is Contraption Filler? FAK (first aid kit) Stocker? Refill Engineer? One place I worked ( a VERY long time ago) added the word administrator to the end of every title just because it sounded official…so Refill Administrator? Stocking Administration? 😉
Boo for broken coffee pots and having to go elsewhere. I’d show them…I just wouldn’t have any that day. That would make them think twice about having a broken machine! 😉
It’s nice to be reminded of how much we’re loved… always. 🙂
I like the administrator addition, it DOES make it official sounding.
Ahh, well, the coffee thing, when I’m in first in the morning, I make it so my boss is happy. Soooo, I just went up to the 3rd floor and started a pot of decaf (since that’s what he drinks)… and then directed him up there when he came in (he likes to go get his own… *shrug*). He was grateful. 🙂
You’re loved, and it’s a blessing to know that. 🙂
Yes, it’s always a blessing to be reminded of that. 🙂
This whole post, minus the cat barf, made me smile! I sure do like smiling! 🙂
Ha… yes. Smiling is good.
Cat barf is bad. Ick.
No comment on the cat barf. Ha, if you could have just seen my page here, I typed out cat bark instead of cat barf! (insert small chuckle here)
Gotta love kudos traveling up the line to the boss, those are always good.
Yay for the refund.
and your inlaws are wonderful. I remember you telling me how great the staff at that restaurant are, and now you know, they love you as much as you love them!