*Weird mystery sickness. On Monday, I developed a cough. But it doesn’t seem to affect my lungs when I’m swimming. Maybe it’s a backwards cold? Like it’s starting in my lungs and moving up to my throat, nose and ears. That’s what it seems to be doing. So we’ll just call it the weird backwards cold.
* I’ve been in an anxiety type of funk the last month or so. I’ve constantly felt as if I’m battling anxiety attacks. Being in constant battle against that sets me on edge, which then makes me feel stressed out. But this past weekend, everything just kind of leveled out for me. Hormones, most likely.
* The worst enormous-bumps-under-the-skin acne I’ve had in years. I’m pretty good at disguising them with makeup, at least I think I am. I must be. Because last night I washed my face and Tony looked over at me after he brushed his teeth and said in a horrified, yet fascinated voice, “What’s that?” He leaned in closer and peered at it. I replied, “A really bad pimple.” He goes, “Wow, that’s huge.” I replied, “You’re not making me feel better about it.” He goes, “But it looks like you ran into a wall or something.” Me, “Do you really want to go down this path when I’m hormonal already, AS EVIDENCED BY MY FACE?” The man is usually pretty tactful, but like I said, it’s really bad acne.
* Snug and Tug. Their love affair has returned to normal, mostly. Despite that, Snug has continued his recently established routine of a late night love session with me. I love, love, love this. It’s so sweet.
* The CEO of my work offered to bring me a Starbucks this morning. There is so much I’m not saying here because I could turn this into a post all by itself. So I’ll just say, even though I declined (I bring my coffee from home), I’m taking it as a compliment.
* We had mountain time last weekend. Rented movies, popcorn, hot chocolate, extra sleep… you know how much I love our time in the mountains. *grin*
* I took the time to change out all the CDs in my 12 disc CD changer in my car’s trunk. It took maybe 5 minutes to do, and then I asked myself why I hadn’t done it sooner. Now I have “new” tunes to listen to and I added some worship CDs to the mix. I’m hoping they improve my attitude as I sit in traffic, and don’t make me feel like a hypocrite; you know, praising God for his marvelous works while cursing his creations for their stupidity?
* Flavored licorice. Twizzler’s newest – Hershey’s chocolate and cinnamon fire. Be still my heart! Pay no mind to the nearly empty bags.
* Aloe vera juice. Introduced to me by my friend, Grace.
Curse you Thank you, Grace, for sharing your delicious addictions discoveries.
One Last Thing:
The pool at our gym has been closed by the health department for an indeterminate amount of time due to “chemical imbalances.” If you know me, you know how big of a deal this is to me, because I swim every single day. I have a routine! Or, should I say, I had a routine.
Fortunately, there’s another branch of our gym not too far from us, but it’s really, really busy. Their pool is one swim lane smaller than our regular gym and it’s not unusual to have a line of four or five swimmers against the wall, all waiting to get in and get their laps in. It’s crazy!
I truly hope our regular gym’s pool gets fixed quickly! I feel like a mermaid out of water…
14 responses to “Love & Loathe – Week of 02/06”
Loathes 1 and 2 are exactly me right now. Only my anxiety is getting worse rather than settling down.
Ack! So sorry to hear your pool is closed! Put some salt in your bathtub. 🙂 I hope they open it soon for you 😦
I’m sorry about your anxiety. I’m suspicious that mine will kick up again here in the next few days, but for now I’m enjoying where I am right now.
Thankfully, they re-opened the pool again on Friday. That other gym is just crazy busy.
I get into that funk every now and then and it is hard to fight. But it does everyone around me no good to be going around in a “mood”.
You need to get an MP3 player, girl. I don’t know how I’d manage with only 12 CD’s. I’ve got 2244 songs on my ipod in random shuffle so I literally have days worth of music available. Took me nearly 2 months of driving to go through all the songs once the last time I did it in alphabetical order. CD’s are SOOOOO 2000!
It’s so hard, not because I’m in a mood but because I feel myself going there and I simply can’t stop it. It’s so frustrating. It’s times like that when I just want to be a clam and hide in my shell, but sadly, God didn’t give me a shell. He gave me skin and I have to get through it … talking myself down, telling myself not to make any major decisions, etc. It helps that Tony knows what my “normal” is and as long as I tell him I’m having trouble, he’s really understanding. It makes a world of difference to have someone on my side.
Gah! Nooooo – no MP3 player. It’s just one more electronic device to maintain.
I think Tug and Snug need to meet my kitty without a name. She is solid black and has a love affair with me and Stud both. He spoiled her, got her used to getting lovin whenever she demanded, and now every morning when he gets up for work, she immediately hops up in bed with me, and sleeps on my hip.
You know they have those thingy’s that let you use a mp3 player through your car radio right?
I’m perinnially in a funk I think.
Tug would hate her just on the premise that she exists. Snug would demand love from her without apology. Our other cats — who know… but she sounds just right for you guys. 🙂
I am stubbornly ignoring MP3 players.
You’re going through a lot right now. I usually am against using the word “entitled” for anything, but if anyone is entitled to their funk, I think it would be you. xo
Hope your pool gets back together soon.
Yeah… that was just a weird little week. Fortunately the pool is all fixed now. Although the vertical tiles on the sides could use a good scrubbing. You know it’s bad when people scratch their initials into the grime on the pool tiles.
aloe vera juice is deliciousness 😀
also, we have those chocolate twizzlers, too. num num num. 😀
oh, and i was going to say on a past post that i LOVE squirrels! but… i couldn’t leave a comment. 😦 boo!
I love aloe vera juice. Thank you SO much for showing me the way. 🙂 Mmmm.
Awww, sorry, comments get closed after awhile. You must stalk me better than that! ha!
even with a pimple on your face you are still my sweetie heart, love you sooooooo much, XXOXOXOXOXO
You make me smile.
all i have to say is yuck, go away anxiety. i am always convinced that i am sick, when the anxiety hits. so i tell my husband that i am getting the flu and he reminds me that it sounds just like my anxiety symptoms. once i realize, i have my attitude of saying screw you to the anxiety, i am doing something else instead. that usually works, but when it takes over, the only cure for me is staying up watching crappy reality television. somehow, other peoples crazy problems, puts mine into perspective.
the other thing that helps is extra vitamin c. my doctor said it can help, something about clearing out toxins i think. also extra broccoli, cabbage or cauliflower, is supposed to help in mood stabilizing. not sure if it works, but i figure it is good for me anyway. take care and hope things are calm and peaceful.
p.s. you actually infiltrated my dreams last night. you must have been on my mind, because i ran into tony and his dad the other day.
When my anxiety strikes, I call my mom (or she’s “mommy” during that time). Something about her voice soothes me inside. Sometimes she prays for me while I’m on the phone, that helps, too. (sigh) Things feel better now.
Eep… no wonder I’ve been so tired. If I’m gallivanting around in people’s dreams! hehe