* Finding used band-aids at the bottom of the gym pool. I pulled this one out last night, as I have every night this week, because I refuse to swim with that in there with me. That gives me such an “ewwwww” feeling. So gross.
* Also, another gym pet peeve, people who leave their empty bottles/sample packets/trash in the shower stalls. Wads of hair in the shower drain are bad enough, but then leaving trash behind? Disgusting. Lazy. Rude.
* Slow races. Three cars across and no acceleration. Best to just hang back and let them figure it out, but I do find it quite maddening.
* Having my bosses back in the office. They’ve been traveling pretty extensively of late. Most people think it’s easier or quieter to have them gone, but it’s not. When they’re out, they’re often communicating in “Blackberry speak,” followed by chunks of time when they’re inaccessible. But mostly, I miss their energy and the in-person interaction.
* My attorney friend was finally able to resolve the HOA issue… yesterday. One day before the scheduled “special hearing.” Thank God for good friends in high places. Now the knot in my stomach can dissolve while I re-think my strategy for dealing with this type of conflict in the future. The vendor was actually in the wrong but, as with any situation, there are things I can cultivate and learn from this.
* All our pets are healthy again. My hospitalized fish will be going back in the big tank in a few days – when I’m ready. Snug had his follow-up visit for his teeth cleaning and it went well, everything looked good. This health thing is a HUGE thing.
* Squirrels in the snow.
One Last Thing:
I was going to write something deep and meaningful, but it’s been a long week filled with much thinking, deep thinking and tiresome thinking. So much, deep and tiresome, in fact, that last night while I was swimming laps I got to the part where I was kickboarding and I bumped the pause button on my stopwatch and didn’t realize it.
I was kickboarding away, checked my stopwatch and saw I was at 25 minutes and thought, “OK, 8 more minutes…” and then went back to my thoughts. I checked a few laps later and thought, “Huh… weird, I swear it said 25 minutes a few minutes ago…” A few more laps and I realized the back of my legs and abdominal muscles were becoming fatigued, checked the watch again and went, “Oh hell.” I realized then I must have gone about 20 minutes additional with the kickboard than I intended. Oopsie.
It’s OK, though, that just means more chocolate for me!
20 responses to “Love & Loathe — Week of 01/23”
Squirrels are evil.
Agreed. Hate squirrels.
Why? What’s with the squirrel hate?
Ah, you’re a high I in the personality type language we use in my organization. Look up DiSC assessment for definitions. Bascially a person that needs interactions and where it’s more about the relationships with people. I am a high I and also enjoy the interaction with others.
It’s always good to learn from our experiences, good or bad. I also understand the being lost in though and losing track of time. Which is why I like to ride. I disconnect my brain from the world for a little while and only think about pedaling and the road ahead.
I just took a quick online DiSC test, I was rated really high on the “C.” The “D” “i” and “S” were all grouped about the same. Not sure how accurate the test is compared to what you took, but I related well to most of the description. Interesting test. 🙂
Yeah, thinking about things deeply makes the time pass quickly. My muscles weren’t so happy about that, though!
Hooray for healthy pets!
Oh… you have no idea. I have been soooooo stressed out about these critters. *sigh of relief*
Extra exercise – good for you!
Good for me. Sore rear end, though. 😆
Squirrels are cute, quick and smart!
I know! And they dig and hide nuts and I always wonder how they remember where those nuts are. Also, they have a tail! GAH! A big, fluffy tail! I love tails! Plus, when they move, they always look like they’re in a room with a disco ball — it’s so cool!
yes, more chocolate for you! *smiling*
know what? i may be going to santa cruz for a wedding in september … my cousins … seriously thinking about it! i will be so close, but still so far from your place … in the same state tho’!!! *smile*
Awww, Santa Cruz. So close but so far away, California is too big for its own good.
It’s lovely up there. 🙂 I’m sure you’ll love it.
Silly sweetie working out more than needed, hehehehe
Seems to be a theme this week. Eep!
you swimming makes me want to go to the gym… argh.. but hten I have to get up, get dressed, get in the car, drive 20 minutes, park, go in, and then walk to the pool in my suit….. um…. no.
I would like to go work out though…
YAY FOR HEALTHY ANIMALS.
yes I meant to scream that! Its a happy scream!
two of our animals are getting neutered this next week.
they have no idea… poor unsuspecting critters.
anything else I want to ramble on about? Huh.
Hmmm… you just need to look at all those steps as part of the workout experience! Or just don’t think about all those steps, just do it. 😀
Let’s just keep those animals healthy now. Gosh. We’ve certainly had a share of critter trouble lately.
Hope the neutering went well for your critters. 🙂
I almost forgot…. poop…..
we haven’t talked about it in a while, so there ya go 😉
Have you stepped in any poop lately? I thought I had poop on my car, but it was just flowers. That was nice.