It was dinner with friends the night of the 16th that kept me from you, My People. I know you don’t begrudge me that enjoyment, but I wasn’t here and I know you missed me. I did think of you, and I’m here now. Does that make it better?
Let’s find out what’s going on in my life this week, shall we?
* The bank saga continued from last week with a climax of me memorizing the PIN to the ATM card, but then forgetting the ATM card in the ATM machine. Then I ordered a new ATM card, at the cost of $10 (which I can’t get them to waive). I think I’m just going to give up and go back to my online money control. All this hard cash stuff is apparently over my head.
* Our homeowners association determined that December would be a good month to have the homes in our community powerwashed and painted, and have roofing repairs done. So we came home one day to find that they had disconnected all my plants in my back yard from their irrigation lines, moved them away from the house, tromped all over our Christmas decorations on the ground (busting the blowers and stakes) and powerwashed a few of the decorations on our house (shorting one of them out). Put another mark on the Impotent Fury chalkboard.
* I’m really, really having a tough time finding the Christmas spirit this year. I’m angry with God for several reasons, and it’s admittedly tough to have the Christmas spirit when I have an “F/U” attitude toward the Reason for the Season. I’m working on processing this, and maybe someday I’ll share, but this whole vendor thing is just the cherry on top.
* Every Friday, my company has breakfast brought in for their employees. I don’t know what kind of bagel this is, and I’m not much of a bagel fan, but I love this bagel. They don’t always bring it in, but it’s the only kind I’ll eat.
* The rain. It’s raining now and I’m hoping it will rain nonstop for the next three weeks. That would keep those painters and roofers away from my plants and our Christmas decorations. I guess a gun would, too, but that might land me in jail.
* Tony found these in Walmart. I think they are just adorable and they have Santa hats with jingle bells! The soap inside of them is really nice, too.
* Kindle for PC for free. No one told me you don’t have to have a Kindle in order to read Kindle books! I am so thrilled! I downloaded the Kindle for PC app on my netbook, and now I can read any offered Kindle book in electronic format without having yet another electronic device to find a plug for its charger or lug along when I go places. Or pay shipping on ordered books and have to wait. Or pay exorbitant prices at the snooty bookstores around here. I love, love, love this!
One Last Thing:
While we were out on the 16th, our friend’s brother pulled out his wallet and told us that he had made it. Out of duct tape. Oh, I know, all duct tape jokes aside, look at this thing and the detail that went into it.
And think about how sticky duct tape is, and then imagine making pockets for credit cards, identification cards, cash, etc. He said it takes him about an hour to turn one out and he can customize them to whatever needs a person has.
Me? If I tried to make one of those, I’m thinking I’d be stuck to the ATM machine, along with my ATM card, crying until they took me away to a loony bin.
23 responses to “Love & Loathe – 12/16/10 (late)”
I MISSED YOU!!!!!!
But yes, I’m glad you were having a good time with friends, and I’m glad to know you thought of us! 🙂
Sounds like you had a rough week. I hope next week is better, and you’ll catch some of that elusive Christmas spirit. (If you do, send some my way, will ya?)
Take care, my friend.
Awww, I missed you, too. 🙂
Yeah, when I work into it, I’ll send you over some of the Christmas spirit. Right now, I’m absolutely loving, loving, loving this rain. 🙂
i was getting worried, i mean a day late is just too long to wait for your weekly updates 🙂 so don’t do that again!
i am sorry you are having a tough time feeling the spirit of the season. it does seem like life can be so incredibly cruel at times. then i look at my brother in law and think about how good we all have it. it is hard to gain perspective sometimes. life sure has some horrible curves in the road.
i am just focusing on loving and supporting those around me and trying not to be to frustrated with all the hard work.
Ha! Sorry… I’ll do better. 🙂
Ugh. I’m working through it, the anger and lack of seasonal spirit. Tony’s a great support. I’m thankful for him.
what??? that wallet is crazy! pretty cool, though.
your card got left in the atm? it’s not the quick insert, take out type of atm??? weird…
sorry things are sucking.
looking forward to seeing you on wednesday. 🙂
love you! xoxox
I can’t imagine the dexterity of fingers that guy has… pretty cool, for sure. 🙂
Nope, it was a suck it in type of ATM. Sucking is a good adjective you used. heh
Yes, Wednesday. Can’t wait!
The Christmas soaps are adorable, especially the penguin! The painters show about as much logic as I see around here sometimes.
As for our struggles, I can only say, “I love you.”
I love the penguin. I made him go back and get it when he told me about it. 🙂
I don’t know what’s wrong with the whole lot of them, the HOA for thinking it’d be OK to do this work over the holidays and the workers for not paying attention to the fact that these items are people’s belongings, so they need to have some respect.
Thanks. Love you, too.
I love you sweetie. XXOXXO Christmas will be good, even though it’s not how we hoped it would be. We have our families and all of our friends too. And most important we have each other to hold and love. I’m here to help you be happy every day and on Christmas, which only comes once a year. XXOXOXOXOXO Merry Christmas all my sweeties bloggy friends, she really does think about you guys all the time. And I am greatful for you all.
I am thankful for what we do have and for you. I love you. xoxo
Those wallets will be on sale soon if you like them. There will be different designs……
You what the great thing about God is? No matter how pissed off you might be at Him, He’ll always be there for you when you’re ready with no judgements welcoming you back. He’s very cool that way. I’m sure whatever is going on will work itself out.
If it was me, I’d send the association a bill for all the stuff they broke. Powerwashing or no, they don’t have the right to mess up your stuff like that.
I have the Kindle app for my PC as well, though I don’t read many electronic books. They have an app for smartphones as well but I can’t imagine reading a book on that tiny little screen.
Hope you have a Merry Christmas!
I know, and right now I feel angry and inconsolable. In fact, I don’t *want* consolation and the fact that I know God is there, waiting for me with open arms, actually pisses me off even more (like a very angry child gets when pushed beyond their limits). Like I said, I’m working on it.
They said they’ll pay for the damage, but Tony has managed to fix most of it… we think. But that doesn’t replace the time it took to do so.
I am loving this Kindle for PC app. So pleased about that discovery!
Hear hear to Vince’s comment… bill them… surely they have to give you some kind of warning so that you can move your stuff?? Thank the gods for home is your castle attitude in UK.. I’d be rapidly losing Christmas spirit at this point too… if you need a boost… take a peek on my facebook.. cute puppy pics.. to entertain and send ahhh ness your way….
They did give a notice about 5 days out, but it didn’t specifically say they were going in the back yard (which is enclosed with no gate access), everyone that I’ve talked didn’t “get” that they would be going in the back yards… and when I called them in advance about the Christmas decorations they said it’d be fine and not to worry. I tell you, the one time I don’t worry and I should have! *grumble*
Thanks for trying to boost me up, though. I appreciate it.
Yep. I was told today that I could store my things in the guest house. Don’t worry. No problem. No, no one’s going to throw anything away!
Oh…until you get back from your Asian trip? Oh…can only store them for a week!
Yeah. Right. Don’t worry. Sure have to ask about EVERY detail these days..
What would they have done if you had just left it without asking, taking them at their initial word, I wonder?
I am praying for you sweetie. I haven’t got a chance to get on and tell you that, but am with you in spirit.
I love the soapy critters
maybe that wallet would help me to hold on to my moola? Seeing as how sticky duct tape is?
Thanks… I appreciate your prayers. *shrugs shoulders* Do prayers do anything? I’ve wondered that sometimes…
Ha! At the rate money is flying out of people’s wallets this year for necessities, I think I’d be willing try anything to slow its exit down, even wallet made out of duct tape!
Yes, how did you know I miss you?
Hopefully in the posts to come, there will be so many things that you love for the week that you simply have to start with your ‘love’ list first. An early greeting for a Jolly Christmas.
A hug for you.
Yes, let’s hope for many, many “loves”. 🙂
I appreciate your jolly greeting and the hug. Much needed.
If you did have a duct tape wallet perhaps you would still have your ATM card (still stuck inside)
Or maybe that ATM machine had duct tape inside of it? 😆