* The way the house smells like ashes when it rains. Downdraft in the chimney, I guess, don’t like it.
* The wet dog smell in the garage when it rains. It’s been nearly 5 years and the previous owner’s legacy lives on in the garage for some reason.
* I found some notes I had written when in high school and I realized that typing has caused me to lose my lovely penmanship, because now I’m apparently used to “writing” at high speeds. Slowing down and actually penning things with a real pen might be a good thing to do sometimes.
* McDonald’s hot fudge sundaes. It’s the simple things, My People, and they must use fake milk or something, because I have nooooo problem digesting them.
* My warm rice bag thing that I heat up in the microwave. Good for all ailments, from lady problems to muscle strains, it’s an all-around wonderful thing.
* My scanner. I have two of them, actually, and have primarily been using my HP for the last year. But I recently installed the software for my Canon LiDE 600F flatbed scanner on my Toshiba laptop (remember my other laptop went bad a few months back). I had forgotten how well put together this flatbed scanner is and, while not the fastest thing out there, it’s got some really nice, well thought-out features.
* The six baby guppies born yesterday morning. They’re so cute, swimming around with their itty-bitty eyes looking at things, eating microscopic food and pooping microscopic poop.
* This plant… I can’t remember its name and I always forget that it’s a winter bloomer, but it doesn’t forget. January comes around and it spills over the fence with profuse flowers, in shades of blue, periwinkle and lavender. It makes me happy to look at it.
* Can’t wait to go to Disneyland tonight and back up to the mountains tomorrow. Maybe a McDonald’s sundae on the way to both of those places. Mmmm.
One Last Thing: