* My car is getting older and coming up on some of those major maintenance mile markers. Such as needing a new timing belt and a 90,000 mile tune-up. Seriously, I really cannot believe I’ve had this car for 8 years in March. It blows my mind.
* December bills… property taxes and auto insurance are hefty bills that make my money hump scream in pain this time of year. Also brings home the reality of needing a job.
* Coughing. Especially the dry, unproductive, tickle cough that goes on and on. Then I try to stop it and I feel like I’m choking, but NEWSFLASH TO THROAT, THERE’S NOTHING IN THERE TO GET OUT! So annoying.
* Naps. I had a glorious nap on Saturday and felt so relaxed afterward. I love naps like that. Usually naps make me feel all tongue-furry and foggy-brained, but not that one.
* Sea World. I went yesterday with my mom and I just love that place. I shouldn’t be surprised by that, considering how much I love my fish, but I am. Plus, Sea World has a freshwater aquarium building and I spent about 20 minutes staring at their cichlid tank. Because the water’s cleaner in someone else’s side of the tank (or grass is greener on the other side of the fence?). Something like that. Plus, my mom totally enabled and encouraged me, she wanted to see them, too. No, really. She even said so.
* Ummm, I just mentioned Sea World, right? Of course, that means chocolate funnel cake. Yep, I love that, too.
* People who truly care about me… that whole “unconditional love” thing. Sometimes I have to remind myself that I really, really am surrounded by those type of people in my life. That it’s a blessing not to be taken for granted.
* My Topsy Turvy. California weather is confusing the maters out of my tomato plants. I have ripening tomatoes hanging out of my Topsy Turvy. Why does that sound a little bit naughty?
One Last Thing:
One of those things that never gets old. Driving down the freeway and shouting, “HEY!”
Everyone in the car, “What?”
Then, “NO, REALLY, HAY!”