* The engineer/designer who determined it would be a good idea to design a car with a strip of chrome on the rear of a car at seated eyeball level. I would like to take that person and stick him/her behind the car that he/she designed with chrome at eyeball level during rush hour traffic when the sun is setting behind us. Then I would like to point out to him/her the fact that chrome reflects sunlight JUST LIKE A MIRROR.
* When my cat, Tug, goes feral. It’s only happened 2 times in the last 8 years, but I think he was a feral cat before he was rescued by the pound in Texas, which is where I adopted him. He had “words” with a neighborhood cat through our screen door on Tuesday night. Whatever that cat “said” to him wasn’t good because Tug was ready to kill that other cat, and that’s no understatement. He was so upset that he turned on me, and our other cats. Had I not had something with which to restrain and remove him to the garage, my arms would be a bloody mess. It took him over an hour to calm down.
* I painted my fingernails dark navy blue last Saturday. When I went to pick up our bird the next morning, she was really, really scared of my dark blue fingernails. I worked with her for an hour to remove that fear. What I love about that whole incident is that it tells me how aware she is of things around her. For some reason, I find it really endearing to know that she notices stuff like that.
* Seeing rainbows in the reflective paint of street signs. Have you ever noticed the iridescent paint used in some street signs reflects rainbows when the sun hits them?
* Fireworks. Especially at Disneyland. Do you see Tinkerbell flying in front of the fireworks?
* Random conversations with my husband. Tonight’s went something like this:
Me: Watch the road! You never know when a stray elephant is going to run out in your path on the freeway!
Him: *laughing* Now that would be something to explain to the insurance agent.
Me: You never know. He could have fallen off the trailer going to the county fair!
One Last Thing:
On my way home from work Wednesday evening, I saw a guy driving a Toyota Prius. The freeway on-ramp we were on had one of those traffic control lights (a beef for another day), so I had plenty of time to observe him. Dude was smoking a cigarette with his window down, and when he was done with it, he flicked the cigarette butt out the window — the window of his Prius.
He’s so concerned about the environment and gas mileage that he drives a hybrid, but he pollutes the air and then litters?
I am officially heralding that as The Oxymoron of the Month.
11 responses to “Love & Loathe — 07/15/10”
Birds are supposed to be very susceptible to fumes. Maybe it was the smell of the nail polish
I can see myself (a smoker) driving a hybrid. But hybrid or not, I would never ever ever toss a cigarette butt out of my car.
How old is Tug? Cats get really weird when they get very old.
My nails have been freshly painted before when I’ve handled her & she was fine… just never painted dark blue.
Huh… I thought you quit smoking?
Tug will turn 8 next month, but he’s acted like this before when confronted with “outside” cats. Not an age thing, definitely a territorial thing.
Silly bird. 🙂
Sorry about Tug… How scary! Glad everyone’s okay. 🙂
Maybe the guy doesn’t really care about the environment, but just wants to spend less money on gas. Some people do that. heh.
Love you! xoxox Have a great weekend!
Poor little birdy, she always reacts like that when something new appears in her environment, even new toys! heh
Tug is such an alpha male. I was so glad I had a cat bed right there that I could put over him.
I still say that a smoker in a hybrid is an oxymoron. hehehe
Love you, can’t wait to see you tomorrow. Say around 5:30? Can you wait that long to eat dinner? 😀
You never know when an elephant might show up.
I know, right? You have to pay attention!
My cat is a descendent of feral cats and currently has a big gash in the side of his face. Sadly, it comes iwth the territory. So sorry about Tug.
Have a nice weekend!
I was just concerned about the other cats in the house, especially the one that was declawed (before we got him). He’s always getting into it with Tug, but not when Tug’s ready to kill someone!
Have a great weekend. As you write about the rainbows in the reflective paint of street signs, I am imagining how they would look like.
I think I shall add a picture. 🙂
I love our conversations that we have, an one day I think an elephant will land if front of our car and than run away after breaking the car. Love you cutie pie….